As the leaves start to change and the temperatures drop, it’s clear that autumn has arrived. While it’s a beautiful time of year, the change in weather can have a significant impact on our skin. In this blog, we’ll explore the effects of autumn on your skin and offer tips to help you adapt your skincare routine accordingly. Skin gets dry, let’s get hydrated! Let’s get into how to Look after your skin as our seasons change
LET’S JUMP STRAIGHT INTO SOME TIPS TO BEAT THE AUTUMN EFFECTS ON OUR SKIN:
One of the most significant effects of autumn on our skin is dryness. As the air becomes cooler and drier, our skin loses moisture, leading to dry, flaky patches and a dull complexion. To combat this, it’s important to focus on hydration.
- Pick a non-drying cleanser. Look for a gentle formula that won’t strip your skin of its natural oils.
- Don’t freak out if you break out. It’s not uncommon for our skin to experience breakouts as the weather changes. Our skin is constantly adapting to its environment, and sometimes this can lead to pimples and other blemishes. Don’t panic – it’s a natural part of the process, and your skin will adjust in time.
- Ensure you’re moisturising twice daily. Autumn often means dry skin, and what’s one of the best ways to work with dry skin? Moisturising it! So be sure to apply a moisturiser twice a day for maximum hydration.
- Make sure that when you wash your face, the water isn’t too hot. Hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils, leading to further dryness and irritation. Instead, use lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser to avoid irritating your skin.
- Drink plenty of water. Finally, make sure you’re staying hydrated from the inside out. Drinking plenty of water can help keep your skin moisturised and healthy.
Of course, as much as we all love some tips and tricks, we also love some skincare recommendations, so we’ve put together this ultimate list of products that hydrate your skin!
TIME TO CHAT PRODUCTS:
Struggling with ultra dry skin and inflamed conditions? Try this! – with African potato, aloe vera and evening primrose
If you have normal, dry or sensitive skin from shaving, this pack is for you! – with aloe ferox, buchu, bulbinella, jojoba, & witch hazel
For dry, mature or tired skin – with shea, kigelia, evening primrose, aloe vera and African potato
TO END OFF…
Autumn can have a significant impact on our skin, but with the right skincare routine, we can combat dryness and keep our skin healthy and glowing. Remember, most importantly, to focus on hydration, use a gentle cleanser and moisturise moisturise moisturise! With these tips, and hopefully these products, you’ll be able to enjoy the beauty of autumn while keeping your skin looking its best. Stick around in the coming seasons as we continue to discuss how to Look after your skin as our seasons change.
Thanks for stopping by, we hope you enjoyed! For more tips & helpful content, click here to follow our Instagram!